Policy for prevention of Covid19 at CICD
Updated August 2023
To minimise any spread of Covid19 and to protect staff and students, the following applies:
• Full vaccination against Covid19 is required for everyone living at CICD. Booster must be taken when offered.
• When students or staff return after a visit abroad, they must take a Covid19 test on day one and again on day three after returning. They also need to take precautions using masks when appropriate (in crowded conditions, on an airplane, etc) while travelling.
• If you have been away from CICD for one night only, you will not need to take a Covid-test when returning. However, you are recommended to keep Covid19 precautions when you are out, including the use of face masks when in crowded places and public transport, using hand sanitizer often etc.
• If you have Covid19 symptoms you self-isolate immediately and take a Covid19 rapid test.
If you are positive you inform everyone. All who have been around you during the last couple of days must also get tested.
When the symptoms have stopped, and when you have tested negative for three consecutive days, you may leave your quarantine on the third day.
• While in quarantine with Covid19 at CICD, the following applies:
- You stay inside your room except when you need to use the toilet and bathroom, or to take a walk outside. Food and drink will be brought to you.
- You always wear a face mask when you leave your room.
- You only use the designated quarantine toilet and bath room in your own building.
- If you go out, you avoid people and use the back door of the building to meet as few as possible.
- You have a personal hand sanitizer with you always and desinfect your hands often.
• CICD provides hand sanitizers, disinfectant, facemasks and Covid tests when needed.
• If you visit CICD for a short period, and test positive for Covid19 while still here, these Covid19 policies regarding isolation and testing also apply to you, as if you were a resident. You should not leave CICD until you are free from symptoms and have tested negative for three consecutive days.
• If you have been exposed to Covid19 by an infected person, you take a rapid test. If you are positive you isolate – as above – and if you are negative, you repeat the test again on day three.
• If you have been exposed to Covid19 “second hand” - such as spending some time with a family member or friend of someone who tested positive for Covid19 – you also need to get tested.
• When we invite guests we are responsible for informing them about our policy to prevent the spread of Covid19, and make sure that they understand and follow it. If they want to stay overnight at CICD, they must be fully vaccinated.
• Visitors or contractors coming for the day or some hours:
They may be asked if they have been vaccinated.
They may be asked to wear a face covering indoors if working close to people.